We have had two new additions to our family in the last few weeks - one new daughter - in - law and a new baby girl belonging to my niece. Obviously this makes the baby my Great Niece but there is no way I am going to be called Great Aunt!
Well, we have had two days of rain so I got out the sewing machine. My original intention was to make an alphabet patchwork quilt but when I went to buy the material I found this so all the hard work had been done for me!
Instead of fiddling round with measuring squares and cutting out letters and using twelve bobbins of cotton and spending hours unpicking stitches I just changed the design. Simples!
Andy said I cheated but it was finished in an afternoon ... the alphabet quilt would probably have ended up in the UFO cupboard!
(UFO = unfinished objects)
The sunshine returned today so I now have fewer greenfly on the lupins; less rust on the hollyhocks; a bin full of weeds; a selection of plants ready for the Garden Club plant sale and an aching back!