Saturday 18 February 2017

Messing About

I got up this morning intent on spending the day tidying up the garden then did exactly the opposite!

I began well by sprucing up a small bed outside the back door.  It doesn't look great just now but it is no longer covered in dead leaves and the old stems have gone.  The patch in the middle will be filled with a tower of sweetpeas in a few weeks I hope.  Haven't got round to actually planting any yet ... that's a job for tomorrow.



The composters looked ok next to the shed but I decided to move them to behind the greenhouse.  Stupid idea! My back is now killing me!  The reward is loads of lovely compost and plenty of empty space in the bins.  The down side is the mess I made!  I piled loads into the back borders where the veg will be and filled some large pots but had to leave this pile when I ran out of energy to move anymore!  The robin was pleased.


I moved a table to behind the greenhouse too.

Now I know this looks a mess at the moment but I have a plan!  It involves a saw, a screwdriver and a pot of paint ... could be very messy!  I have been on Pinterest .... I LOVE Pinterest! .... and spotted a lot of quaint potting benches made from old tables and pallets so how difficult can it be??







This is the look I am going for:







I have the green paint, some planks of wood and a couple of metal shelf brackets.  I want some sort of pretty sign, a twig heart and a few painted pots.  If you don't see a photo in the next few weeks you will know it went horribly wrong and ended in a trip to the tip .... and we won't need to mention it again!!

Next I started to shift the dead leaves from the herb patch when this young lady jumped out and I decided to stop.  She is massive ... obviously about to pop if she doesn't down load all that frog spawn soon.  I think our pond will be seeing some action tomorrow.




1 comment: